Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Microfiction Muse #10

I offer a twisted tale for Diane Estrella's Microfiction Muse...
.
.
.
.
.
.
"I'm going to be sick!"

"Don't worry, sweetie...your mom knows what she's doing."

"Then why is she brandishing that bloody knife?"
.
.
(pause)
.
"I'd say the vegan diet's not going well."
.
.
.
Thanks to Polly at The 5th Sister for supplying this great photo and to Diane for inviting us to pen a tale around it in 140 characters or less. You'll want to check out the other entries...
.
.
.

Since I'm already on a skewed path here today, I might as well throw in a pair of limericks that came to me at the same time as the above. Madeleine at Mad Kane's Humour Blog unleashed a monster when she opened my world up to limericks!
.
A woman who brandished a knife
Took a poke at the love of her life.
Her wrath he did fear,
So he choked back a tear
And reluctantly made her his wife!
.
A fellow who brandished a knife
Had a penchant for stirring up strife.
His girl he did whack
When she’d not have him back
And now he’s serving fifteen-to-life!
.
You might want to check out Mad Kane's blog, though you could find yourself developing a new passion...LOL.
.
http://www.madkane.com/humor_blog/
.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

HA! Loved it! You did the photo justice...especially your closing line!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

SOOOOOOOOO hilarious! Hee hee. Love it!

Kay L. Davies said...

Vegan diet. You had me scared for a moment, Lynette. So bad of you! :o)
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Diane said...

Hilarious!!! yeah, sounds like the vegan thing is not working out for her...... :O) Fun one this week!

Hey, you got any pictures for me for next time. Send me if you have any. :O)

Pat said...

All three made me laugh, Lynette. I had no idea about the dark side of your humor...;-D

It is fun to keep running into a lot of the same people at these microfiction memes. I'm addicted to them, too. I'm currently (barely) keeping up with three, though Microfiction Monday is no longer going on. I'm just doing the first 27 that I missed. I posted them all ahead of time so that they will appear every Sunday through some time in September. I'm so obsessive!

Pat said...

Oh, and I forgot to say, you are really good at limericks! But...of course! You have Irish ancestry!

Pearl said...

So they're both facing life!

Pearl

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Fun limericks! I'm proud to have unleashed a new limerick-writing monster! :)

You definitely have a knack for limericks!

And thanks for linking to my blog!
Mad Kane

Rinkly Rimes said...

http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-passing.html

It's fun trying to see life through their eyes!