Monday, March 28, 2011

Succinctly Yours


In this age of technology and online chats, it remains a special joy to plop into a comfy chair and visit a friend in person….

.
.

Sit awhile, dear one…
tell me what moves your heart and
what can make you cry.


Two souls with voices
mingled in both joy and tears,
meeting face to face.

Sit just a while…
.
.
.
.
.
Photo courtesy of Grandma's Goulash
.
With Susan at Microfiction Monday on a well-deserved break, Grandma’s Goulash generously invites us to Succinctly Yours, a meme that supplies a photo prompt and bids us tell a story around it in 140 characters or words. A further challenge is offered with a word prompt to work into the piece. Though I did not use today’s word, I offer this 140-character piece. Check out the link below for more fun writes…

http://grandmas-goulash.info/category/succinctly-yours/
.

17 comments:

Calico Crazy said...

What a lovely story, so very inviting. ~ Calico Contemplations

Unknown said...

I love your take. I would like to sit down and chat.

Anonymous said...

Your story feels as warm and comfortable as the chair looks. Lovely!

Thanks for being a part of Succinctly Yours.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh this is so wonderful. I wish I could magically transport myself there for a two-cup-of-tea chat!!!!!

Debora said...

Sit awhile, don't mind if I do...what a lovely idea!

Anyes said...

It is so inviting, I think I'll take the offer, Thank you Lynette :-)

anthonynorth said...

A beautiful tale. Loved it.

Akelamalu said...

What a lovely invitation!

Great take on the pic. :)

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

because both sets of grandparents were gone prior to my birth..I have ALWAYS wanted to sit and ask them those very questions..Oh..it would have been so lovely!

Pat said...

What a warm invitation to sit and chat of deep issues of the heart. Beautifully lilting, Lynette.

Rek Sesh said...

Its nice to meet up with old friends face to face..lovely take on the prompt.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

So beautiful! I read and re-read, and thought of my Mama and Grandma. Miss them both so much. I use the term "dear one" when talking to my kids, and so that alone evokes emotions in me. Wonderful sentiment, beautifully worded.

Thanks for posting the BBF badge!

Jinksy said...

Now there's an invitation...

Deborah said...

Perfect! ... just lovely :o)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a wonderful invitation! I accept with pleasure, Lynette!

XO,

Sheila :-)

T F Carthick said...

Nice and sweet.

Diane said...

Howdy!

Starting a new feature at my blog called The MicroFiction Muse! Please pop in and take a look and hope to see you next week! :O)

http://dianeestrella.com/?p=5099