Thursday, June 2, 2011

Skywatch Friday, Weekend Reflections, Shadow Shot Sunday: Colorado to Utah

After visiting Mesa Verde National Park in southwestern Colorado last year, we passed through Four Corners, where Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona come together, then made our way back up Utah to continue our exploration of the state.
.
 Along the way, we passed stunning rock formations as the topography changed with every turn of the road. I was hard pressed to capture the ever-shifting scenery.
.
All the while, clouds scudded above us, building and releasing in turn
to toss undulating shadows over the striped hills.
.
I've previously shared the enchantment which Utah wound about my heart...these big skies go a long way toward showing why I was quite unable to resist its lure.
.

I'm linking this post to Skywatch Friday, a great meme hosted by Klaus and the rest of the team...I definitely suggest you stop by to enjoy many skies
from around this world...:)
.
.
And though there is only one reflection photo, I will link to Weekend Reflections hosted by James at Newton Daily Photo, always a beautiful place to visit...
.
.
I'm also taking part in Shadow Shot Sunday with Tracy at Hey Harriet. Do check out her wonderful posts...
.
http://heyharriet.blogspot.com/
.

31 comments:

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Dramatic landscape and skies.

joo said...

Don't know what to say! The views are breathtaking!

Anonymous said...

I geological patterns are incredible, stunning landscape!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Absolutely stunningly beautiful! Have never seen anything like it. The stripes and patterns on the rock are amazing. Wowzers!

Kathe W. said...

stunning photos-

Lesley said...

The colours just take your breath away.

Dimple said...

Gorgeous skies and gorgeous land.

I often find little to say about sky shots; for me they need context...you have done this right!

Kay L. Davies said...

The first and third photos are amazing, Lynette, but I find myself in love with the clouds in the last picture.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

RedPat said...

Fabulous shots - the rock formations are incredible! And the colours!!

Katy Cameron said...

Ooh, love those wavy hills with the graded colours!

Ms. Becky said...

Ooh La La.
these are some extraordinary photos.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Amazing photos! That third one, with the triangle patterns is something I've never seen. Just beautiful (and makes me wonder if the Native American Indian weavers saw something like that to get the ideas for their intricate patterns).

rapunzel said...

Amazing captures, once again. I felt like I was right there! Beautiful!!

Sylvia K said...

These are mind blowing captures!! What a stunning, dramatic place and colors! Wow! I too felt as though I were there! Absolutely gorgeous, extraordinary and superb! Hope you have a great weekend!

Sylvia

'Tsuki said...

So amazing pic ! The colors are gorgeous indeed, and the reflection on that lake is so impressive... Well done !

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Beautiful shots. I spent second through sixth grade in a small town in central Utah and just fell in love with the high desert.

Gemma Wiseman said...

The fine designs and colours in those rocks are simply amazing! And the blue of the sky adds a strong and beautiful contrast!

RURAL said...

That landscape just blows me away. Hard to think that there is such beauty, one day I must go there.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

adrielleroyale said...

Oh my goodness, what incredible views!! Just amazing :)

EG CameraGirl said...

I love the landscape in Colorado and Utah! These are wonderful photos!

Marian said...

WOW! wow. that's all.

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Wonderful photos!

Mad Kane

Hey Harriet said...

Oh my these are all so breathtaking! Absolutely stunning photos that I could sit and stare at for ages...but I must go eat dinner :) I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Lois Evensen said...

Just fabulous images!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous effects of erosion. What an amazing set of shots, love them all.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Big sky, big mountains, big shadows!


BE MY COMPANION

Come here, my shadow,
Do not delay;
Be my companion,
Show me the way;
Teach me your secrets,
Chant as we go
Of light and darkness—
Make my heart glow!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Shadow of Memories

Chubskulit Rose said...

Really nice shadow patterns!

Shadow shots, have a great week ahead.

Deborah said...

Wonderful, wonderful photo's!

Cildemer said...

Wow! Fabulous shots!
Thanks for sharing;o)

***
Hope you are having a nice and happy week****

Hootin Anni said...

I grew up in Colorado and raised my family there before retiring to Texas...yes, Colorado is aptly nicknamed the Colorful state.

Gorgeous, and "homey" photos for me, personally, well done!!!!


Vintage 1930's Basketball Team is my Shadow Shot today. Do stop by if you can find time.

Happy Sunday!!!

Vrinda said...

Stunning shots!! The first one is my desktop wallpaper. Really like them...


- Vrinda