Friday, June 10, 2011

My First Book Blurb Friday!

.
If Only
.
Jane raced down the lane, too frightened to scream, whimpering only when her foot slid on a can and sent her crashing to the ground. For a moment she was unable to breathe. Panic clogged her throat, pain tearing outward from her bloody knees, now deeply pierced with gravel.

If she could only rest a bit…

From behind came the sound of footsteps approaching. Jane rose frantically, her mangled legs buckling in protest.

If she could only reach the end of the lane…

Up ahead, headlights blazed on with a startling brilliance that sent her stumbling to her knees once more.

If only Jane knew her life would never be the same again after this night, if she can only live through the night.
.
.
In her latest thriller, author Lynn Wright keeps us breathless from first page to last. Read it only if you’re prepared to keep looking over you shoulder…
.
(150 words)

.
I believe novels like this work because there is a core of fear in each of us that defies reason and never completely dies. Although I have read many such books, this is the first blurb I’ve written and my first attempt at Lisa’s BBF. Now that I see how much fun it is, I’m wondering what took me so long to join!
.
For more blurbs designed to lure one into a book based on a photo prompt using only 150 words, do check out Book Blurb Friday at Writing in the Buff…and thanks to Lisa's son Joe for this weeks great picture!

.

14 comments:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Welcome!

Your story is scary and delicious. I would buy your book in a minute. I'm so glad that you have joined us ... it is fun, isn't it?

Take care,

Kathy M.

Kay L. Davies said...

Welcome to BBF, Lynette. I wondered when you'd show up. This is a natural for you (oh, except your photos are so excellent, and you don't need one here, but you can always send a mysterious-looking one to Lisa to use as a prompt).
You're right, there IS a core of fear in each of us. This blurb leaves us looking for answers.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Tony Benson said...

Your first BBF is excellent. It is rich with tension, emotion and promise. Whoever's in the car with the headlights seems to be significant to the story, and whatever happens will be a real thriller. Hoping she lives through the night. Nice one.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Welcome to BBF! I'm glad you opted to join the fun. Your blurb is wonderful, and I quite agree that we do each have a "core of fear." Maybe that's why I so love reading suspense/thrillers, so this is right up my alley. Wish I could do a Kindle download.

jabblog said...

Welcome and well done:-) Jane has a difficult, dangerous night ahead of her - I'm sure, almost, that she'll survive to tell the tale.

Grandma's Goulash said...

Your blurb certainly tweaked my "core of fear". Very well done. Are you sure you haven't done this before? I'm so glad you've joined the fun. And yes, I would surely purchase your book.

My Blurb: The Simple Truth

Jo said...

Lynette, your blurb is fantastic. I held my breath while watching as Jane fell down, got up, fell down again. I would love this book. I always read Kay's BBF and am tempted to join, will see... Thanks for your visits to my blog. It's good to see you again. Blessings Jo

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is definitely a good challenge for you, Lynette! This was so well done!

Katy Cameron said...

If I ever get a novel written, I'm hiring you for the blurb ;o)

Susan Fobes said...

Lynnette this screams "Write me!" You have the suspense down pat-I was hooked from the very first line.

Sandra Davies said...

'If only ...' a never-failing hook - well done, but I warn you Lisa's challenge is dangerously addictive

Bookie said...

Full of suspense here! Very nice set up for a good read.

Tammy said...

That is one thrilling thriller! Great job!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my gosh...this is incredible. I must admit, it sent gooseflesh a'rising!!!

Thanks for your comment on my book blurb.


WHITE TAILED HAWK

Hope your weekend is treating you well!!