Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Love Limerick


A romantic young fellow named Will
Loved a sweet girl so badly he’d kill.
Her husband he shot,
But she would love him not,
And now poor Will is all alone still!
.
.
.
 I'm linking up to three sites today.
.
Poets United Thursday Think Tank prompt is 'love'. You will definitely find more love on this page...
http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/2011/03/thursday-think-tank-42-love.html#more
.
And do check out Theme Thursday, where we're asked to contribute something silly today...
http://themethursday.blogspot.com/
.
I also heartily advise you to head over to Mad Kane's site. It is with her inspiring prompt that I have penned my first limerick...
http://www.madkane.com/humor_blog/2010/05/12/romance-limerick/
.

13 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Hee hee, fun one, Lynette!

Mad Kane said...

I'm so happy and proud to have inspired your first limerick! Nice job! I sure hope you'll consider participating in my weekly Limerick-Offs (and Limerick of the Week contests). My current one is here. I post a new one every Sunday or Monday.

Thanks for joining in!
Mad Kane

Lisa said...

Beautifully done and it covers multiple blog prompts.

Lisa
InspiredbyLisa

Meryl Jaffe, PhD said...

Very cute. How sad and true. And I love the flowers with it.
Meryl
http://departingthetext.blogspot.com

Ella said...

Very clever, fun to have some different takes on this prompt~

msdewberry said...

Very clever! And a bit silly!!

Celestial Dreamz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Celestial Dreamz said...

how tragic! haha .... cleverly done. :)

Deborah said...

I do love a good limerick! :o)

madhumakhi said...

Tragic limerick.

Jingle said...

sad, killing lover's love to win
it never going to work...

a few words, a complete story.
Thanks for sharing..

Re said...

LOL, directly from the mind of Lynette ... !

Pat said...

I love your limerick! Poor Will--I guess he learned his lesson now that he's locked up. I love alliteration, too!