Saturday, February 19, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday: Utah Shadows

If you've read my previous posts, you'll know that I fell in love with Utah after a road trip there last year. Its breadth and topography left me gasping with awe at each turn of the road. In all my travels, I have never seen its like before...it is, quite simply, a photographer's dreamscape.


.
Among many possibilities on the trip, Utah offered endless opportunities for shadow shots. The light had a radiant quality, clear and unfettered, that spun swirls of shadows across the red soil and undulating rock faces.
.
It seems certain I will once more succumb to the call of these great canyons and cliffs, and the
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
wide grassy valleys... I know I would never tire of watching shadows shift and form anew as the sun moves across the sky...

I am linking this post to Shadow Shot Sunday, hosted by the gracious Tracy. You can be assured of a treat for the eyes if you pop in for a visit!
.
http://heyharriet.blogspot.com/
.

15 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A special beauty all its own!

adrielleroyale said...

I love those gnarly trees - you're right, a photographer's dream! :)

Breezy said...

Living in Utah I am constantly amazed at the beauty around me. You have a great eye and have captured a feeling of serenity.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

So beautiful......can imagine you were mesmerized by the shifting shadows across the landscape. Dreamy photos.

Kay L. Davies said...

I love your Utah photos, Lynette, and these shadow shots are perfect examples of your artistic eye and dedication to the photographic art.
We want to take a road trip this year, so that we don't have to leave our darlin' dog behind. Don't know where, but Utah would be a good choice, as I have learned from your example. Thanks!
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Jeanette said...

These are Great pictures!! Love the scenery and the shadows are awesome. Thanks for sharing!!

sue said...

I love this stark beauty. Desert landscapes have something quite bewitching. Your second last shot is fabulous.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Thank you for highlighting our beautiful state! I am in awe most of the time about what I get to see each and every day..and I haven't even begun to see all the state has to offer..Beautiful photos..and you know you've got a place to stay when you come back, right? We'll set up a lunch with Breesy!

Miss Becky said...

what beautiful country. I see why you fell in love with it. the shadows are so intense and lovely. that first photo is just majestic, I love the clouds. nicely done. have a great week!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

That wild-looking tree against the tame fence--what a juxtaposition!


A PARFAIT DAY

A seeker of shadows one day
Did trip as she went on her way;
She picked herself up
And dipped from a cup
Of shadowy lemon parfait!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Shadowy Memories

Angie said...

Great shots, very intense shadows. Thanks for the visit.

Hey Harriet said...

Such wild and rich shadows! Utah looks like a magical place! Have a great week :)

bettyl said...

Lovely photos!

Joan said...

Love the last photo. Beautiful!

Linnea said...

Those shadows really do look lovely against the red soil and rocks. Glad you enjoyed your trip to Utah...