Friday, October 1, 2010

Road Trip!

Route 66, Arizona
.
I will be incommunicado for the first part of the month. My husband and I are taking another trip down to the Southwest area that we so enjoy, both for the incredible scenery and the mystical history behind its scattered ruins. This will be the first time we hit Four Corners, where Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado meet, so there will be much to discover. We fly into Las Vegas, then immediately set off on a week-long road trip, mostly spent exploring the National Parks in Utah, to finally end up in Salt Lake City for a few days before heading home.
.
I am including a tentative itinerary here for any armchair travelers among you who might be interested. Of course, plans are always subject to change! Leaving the house and furry companions in the capable hands of our big sons, we will be free souls wandering wherever whim takes us…our favourite thing in the world to do!
.

Grand Canyon, Arizona
.
My much-loved regular readers do not
need me to say that I am rendered breathless at the thought of photographing Antelope Canyon, (high on my bucket list), and Bryce Canyon, not to mention Monument Valley! Think of every John Ford western flick you’ve ever seen with the red spires and buttes…are they not beyond magnificent? I am literally aquiver with anticipation!

Grand Canyon, Arizona This is the plan:

2nd: Vancouver to Las Vegas
3rd: Las Vegas to Zion Nat. Park
4th: Bryce Canyon, UT,
5th: Antelope Canyon, AZ
6th: Monument Valley, AZ
7th: Mesa Verde, CO
8th: Arches Nat. Park, UT
9th: Canyonlands, UT
10th: Salt Lake City and environs
11th: Salt Lake City to Vancouver

Chapel On The Hill, Sedona

.

My camera awaits...batteries charged and memory cards lined up. When I get back online, I hope to have many wonders to share with you. I’ll try not to bore you with an excess of photos, but like an overexcited child, I don’t always know when to stop…and moderation never was my strong suit!
.
I may check in whilst away, but striving to take in as much as we can, we spend very little time in hotel rooms. I’ll tell you all about it when I get back. In the meantime…happy blogging!!
.
The photos above are from a trip to the Arizona in 2007
.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderul time - look forward to seeing all these places and reading about your travels when you get back.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Have fun, you two crazy kids!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I cant wait to see ALL the photos!!!!!! Have a wonderful time!

Unknown said...

Have a blast, Lynette!!!
Bryce canyon is amazing....
I lived on a reservation for 6 weeks in Monument Valley!!! Incredible photos to be had there!!!!!
xo
lynn

Katy Cameron said...

Oh yay, have a great time! I'm planning a trip with most of yours, and then Colorado in a couple of years time, I'll be eagerly awaiting your tantalising photos!

Bonnie said...

It is grand all right. I won't get tired of viewing your pics. Thanks for taking us on a road trip.

My son and daughter-in-law just visited the Grand Canyon and drove onto Vegas. I have only seen it from the air.

I am old enough to remember the Route 66 TV show!

Olive said...

Have fun free souls!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

When you're back from your wonderful trip, Lynette, check out my blog post of Oct 4th -- there's a Sunshine Award waiting for you there!

Kay L. Davies said...

How did I MISS this? Sometimes I get "you are not following any blogs" on my site, so maybe that's why.
Now you'll have done all the things from your bucket list and you'll soon be home. SO looking forward to reading all about it, and seeing all the wonderful photos I just know you'll have taken.
-- K

Drawn to The Sea said...

Having never been out west, it will be a real treat to seeing it through your creative lens!

Eileen T O'Neill ..... said...

Dear Lynette,
I now know where you are!
I decided to visit your blog, since I missed you and your messages!
By the time I finish writing, you may well be home again, from what was probably a fantastic holiday!
Hope you had a great time and we'll catch up when you are back online.
Best wishes, Eileen

SPWS said...

Have you been to the Grand Canyon? What do you think is more beautiful the Bryce Canyon or the Grand Canyon?

grand canyon air tours

Kay L. Davies said...

Lynette -- Hi! I'm glad you're home, but I can't seem to get to your new posting. Every time I click, I get this one saying you're going away.
Anyway, glad you're back Beautiful BC, and that you had a good trip. I can see that much from the little notice I receive for following your blog, but none of the glorious details.

Kay, Alberta