Friday, September 10, 2010

September Sunset

While having dinner with my menfolk last night, I saw my husband glance over my shoulder at the window behind me, his fork held briefly suspended.
Still eating, I raised my eyebrows in question. Master of understatement, his response was a shrug,
and a muttered, "Oh, nothing..nice sunset."

Magic words to my ears! Dinner was forgotten as I gasped a quick, "Excuse me!", grabbed my camera and hurried out to the deck.

'Nice' hardly begins to describe the magical blues and golds that painted the evening sky! I love the mercurial quality of clouds, the swift and everchanging transformations that hypnotize and render one spell-bound. I took a few shots then leaned on the railing to simply soak up all that splendour.

"Your dinner's getting cold," I heard a voice warn me from inside, but there was no contest as to which I wanted more.
.
Food for the body or food for the soul...the feast for my eyes won out as it always will with this mad photographer!
.
.
I am linking this post to Looking At The Sky on Friday, graciously hosted by CrAzY Working Mom at the link below. Do stop by for skies that inspire!
.
http://www.crazyworkingmom.com/
.

13 comments:

Kim, USA said...

Oh my gush this sky is fantastic!! It's like the sky is on fire!! Love it!
Cloudy Sky

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, Lynette, I don't blame you. It's gorgeous! Just wonderful. Food for the soul indeed.
Kay

Keetha Broyles said...

Gorgeous!

And you were so right to grab your camera and let your dinner get cold. In my experience, that brilliant sky only lasts a few moments at a time - - -

Kit said...

So totally beautiful! You made the right decision. :) Kit

Eileen T O'Neill ..... said...

Lynette,
Thank you for sharing this wonderful view!
It was of course well worth forgetting about dinner and even dishes, just to capture this 'one-off' photographic opportunity!
Best wishes,
Eileen

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Oh this is my kind of sky but then I love skies of all kinds, I love the ever changing scenes that clouds and sunsets and sunrises give us. I can fully understand your dinner being forgotten, so many times I too have left my husband to continue dining on his own while I am feasting on nature.
Your photos are fantastic.

erin's art and gardens said...

oh me. oh my. that is so beautiful and a great reason to stop eating. much better than food in my book. breathtaking :0)

Cindy said...

That is indeed an awesome sunset! You really captured it. Thanks for giving us some eye candy today.

Hugs XX
Barbara
Moore Whimsies

Elizabeth said...

You have satiated my soul. That image is like a fiery volcano. Than you for sharing the power a beauty with us!

Christian Magoncia said...

Whoah!!! this shot is amazing! Great capture... so beautiful!

I'm Christian and I'm your newest follower. Can you add me please?

You can view my entry here: http://superyan23.blogspot.com/2010/09/good-morning-sunshine.html

Btw, can I invite you in my meme called Saturday Bloopers...Just post anything funny each saturday may it be in form of photo, video or stories of experiences. just check it out in my blog! Hope to see you there!

Von said...

No choice there!You picked a goodun although of course you didn't say what dinner was!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

UNBELIEVABLE sunset! YOIKS! It has been too long since I saw one that colorful, now that I live in the land without sunsets:) BEAUTIFULLY captured............

Katy Cameron said...

Wow, that sky is beautiful. We had a great sunset last week, alas I was in the wrong place, and had no camera with me anyway!