Friday, July 13, 2012

Still On The Fraser











Since my last few 
posts have been 
of the Fraser River, 
I thought 
to wrap up with 
these 
few pictures of 
well-used boats 
and buildings 
photographed 
on ye
another Sunday 
drive. 


My eye is always drawn to the tattered, the battered and the abandoned.  Capturing them against a dramatic sky or floating in reflective waters is a bonus.


The Fraser River provides me with a bountiful supply of possibilities.  We've been watching this old boat shed collapse slowly over the last few years, but it suddenly seems to have lost its fight altogether. 

  
The same can be said of this little boat we've driven past many times. Pictured here on a brighter day three years ago, this comparison makes clear that time and the river's ebb and flow have definitely taken their toll.




Along this weather-beaten pier, some dear soul had bedecked the rails with flower baskets and flags to celebrate Canada Day.

Their bright joy was an exclamation mark against the somewhat murky background.



I hope you've enjoyed my river pics. I'm linking up today to both Skywatch 
Friday and Weekend Reflections...if you wish to see more shots from all over the world, do check out these great links...

http://skyley.blogspot.ca



 http://weekendreflection.blogspot.ca


10 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love taking these pictorial journeys with you and Michael:) One day I want to come over and hop in the car with you!

Unknown said...

Sorry to see that happen to a boat, better it sinks. Great post. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Sylvia K said...

It is so sad to see that happening to the boats and I think one sees it more and more these days! Marvelous skies and reflections, Lynette! I love the last shot with the colorful flowers! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Gawd, some mornings I know just how that boat shed feels.

Penelope Notes said...

I like the spirit of the flags and flowers along the pier. The abandoned boat and collapsed shed look like serious hazards, especially for playing children that might get too close. Surprising they are just left there in such poor conditions.

TexWisGirl said...

there is a real beauty to their weathered wood and decay. and i love that pine in the first shot! :)

NatureStop said...

Sad to see that happen to the boats.Great post and I enjoyed the shots!

Shantana

Dianne said...

dear old weathered beings
beautiful photos

Carol said...

Great photos! Though I don't like to see abandoned things slowly deteriorating, it sure makes for beautiful photos...and life continues....

Anonymous said...

Your photography is amazing....what great shots you've showcased here! thanks for sharing.

I came by here because your blog was on the Where Bloggers Create link list from Karen's blog.
When you get your studio photos up and running...let me know. I look forward to seeing your creative space.

If you wish to see mine...just stop by. Anytime is great!



ciao bella
creative carmelina