Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Watery Wednesday: At the Carwash




 If we keep our eyes open, there is beauty to be found  in even the mundane moments of life.
 Being fond of texture and pattern, I’ve always liked the play of water and soap on the windows in automated car washes.


.
.
 On my last visit, I thought to take these quick shots as I went through.



The results strike me as abstract art…I can easily see them enlarged on canvas and hung against steel-gray walls.  
 .
.
When I reversed the photos, I found I liked the resulting waterfalls even better.




.
In these pairs, the first shot is always the original. 


.
For other water shots more exotic in nature, do check out Watery Wednesday, graciously hosted by 2sweetnsaxy…




.

14 comments:

Lesley said...

Well, you might as well do something while you going through! I always find it amusing to watch the water being forced up and over the car, but you are right, the waterfall effect is much nicer.

Karen said...

Fun shots!

Lois Evensen said...

What really cool images. :) Nice job.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wow, these are cool indeed........clever girl! And I am impressed you are able to drive through a car wash - the intricacies of which are apparently beyond me!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I love how your "Artistic eye" works :-) These are lovely!

rapunzel said...

Nice!! Love the designs.

Cindy said...

Oh I just love the shots you've taken!

Hugs XX
Barbara

Unknown said...

i love the textures and patterns on these photos. enjoyed your photos.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous!

Watery Wednesday at my page, have a nice day!

James said...

Very cool shots! I want to try this. :)

Fireblossom said...

I always thought so, too. In fact, any sort of soap bubbles have a simple sudsy beauty all their own.

JO said...

very creative.

~ Jo's Precious Thoughts ~

Eileen T O'Neill ..... said...

Lynette,
What a wonderful idea. Now I know how to pass the time during my next car wash visit!!!

Great photos.

Best wishes, Eileen

Lonicera said...

What a brilliant idea. Must try it.
Caroline