Tuesday, September 7, 2010

White Rock Water


A short distance from our home is the charming seaside town of White Rock. Over the years we have spent countless hours there.. romping on the beach when our kids were small..strolling the pier..stopping for fish-and-chips or ice-cream cones. And always...always...watching with fascination the ever-changing play of shadow and light drifting magically over the water.
.
This summer we were drawn there often, most frequently as the day drew to its close
and the setting sun dabbed highlights of colour onto waves of hammered silver.

Water calls to me..captivates me..soothes my soul as little else can. I try desperately to capture its magic on film,
but fall short when faced with the full scope of its majesty.
.
The open sea sings its siren song and I am destined always to fall under its spell...
.
I'm linking this post to Watery Wednesday! For more photos that are damp, doused and drenched check out the link below!.


14 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Thanks for your lovely photo essay of my home town, Lynette. The city of White Rock has changed enormously since I was a teenager, but the ocean still rolls in and out on the tide, and the gulls still hover and dive and scream. Love it so much.
K

Keetha Broyles said...

Truly spectacular photos!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That first photo made me think of the Group of Seven for some reason.

Angela said...

What a beautiful place, and it's great that you take advantage of it. I'm like others I've just noticed recently in blogs, who lived near pretty spots. I grew up in a wonderful place, Corpus Christi, TX...but only went to the beach a few times because my Daddy thought it was too messy! I would like to be close enough to go walk on the beach occasionally!!

Judy said...

I love the first photo of the gull!! The water is just incredible! I think the reason the photos never live up to the reality is the borders. In real life, there are none, and the photos apply them. But I SO know what you mean!

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Your photos are brilliant, I think you have captured the magic of light on water so beautifully. I enjoyed viewing your blog.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Lynette, Those are Beautiful pictures! You captured" the water as well as I've ever seen both in your pictures and poetic lines.


What a special place White Rock is for you -- lovely to dream about all the times you've been there over the yearss.
Thank you for sharing.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh how beautiful! "highlights of color onto waves of hammered silver". Wow. We must go there when I visit - and when you visit here we can go to LONG BEACH!!! Where I am heading TOMORROW! Yippee! There will be photos! I love your posts, your photos are so wonderful, your prose perfection............

Sherry Blue Sky said...

p.s. the colors are UNBELIEVABLE, and the top photo so interesting with its shadows.......so well done! Am thinking : photo book!!!!!!!!!

JO said...

simply beautiful! postcard perfect.


JO

Cindy said...

Wonderful photos! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Hugs XX
Barbara
Moore Whimsies

Kay L. Davies said...

I know what Debra means about that Group of Seven feel... maybe it's because the pier, seen from below, looks almost arboreal.
Super photography, Lynette.

Lynette Killam said...

Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments! Debra and Kay..I love that you saw the same organic shapes in the pier's reflection as I did...

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your kind comments.