Saturday, September 11, 2010

My Shadowy Self

.
If truth be told, I often feel like a shadow of myself.
.
.
I believe the real me to be bold, fearless and self-assured.
.
.
Shadowy me is never quite sure if she’s good enough.. clever enough…so she hesitates, procrastinates and makes excuses.

.
.
The real me trusts her talent and is able to produce work that is meaningful, be it a poem, a photograph or a small piece of art.
.
.
.
Shadowy me vacillates and creates nothing she considers unique or worthwhile.
.
.
There are those wonderful days when the two of me meld seamlessly into one. Together we become strong, connected and inspired…able to utilize the skills and knowledge gained from years of experience. The sense of living up to potential is surely one of life's greatest rewards.
.
It is true that such days do not occur as frequently as I might like, seeming serendipitous in their random appearances. But I treasure them when they're here, and they have come more often this year, bolstered by the support of the creative, blogging community that has accepted me as one of their own.
.
I will always be grateful for the large, generous and inclusive hearts that have helped me move out of the shadows and into the light...
.
.
Many thanks to 'Hey, Harriet' for hosting this Sunday event! To see more, do drop by her page at...
.
My inspiration for these shots comes from the amazing Angela Cartwright. My photos are a mere shadow, (pardon the pun!) of her wonderful work. I advise a nice long visit to her site for a lovely dose of art and photography!
.
.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post, Lynette. I really like the two selves and the thoughts behind them!!
xo
lynn

Sherry Blue Sky said...

THIS IS FABULOUS! I love it! Love the tall willowy shadow you's with camera held up to your eye:) Love the colors and contrasts in the photos. And love the accompanying text, which is touching and wonderful. All of us are amazed by you, your talents are so many and so rich........and I have to thank you, too, for encouraging me to come to blogger.com - it has opened up my world, too.

Keep on posting your wonderful artist's-eye view of the world. I click with anticipation every time I see you have something new.

Anonymous said...

Shadows ...mmm ... I too took a series of my own shadow when I'd been reading Angela Cartright; and was only thinking yesterday that I need to find the photos to incorporate one into a fabric book I am making. (And I just LOVE the sunset photos in your previous post). A.

Hey Harriet said...

What a lovely post. Both photos and words! I feel the same way about the wonderful blogging community. Bloggers rock! Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Photography said...

I love your shots :-)

Olive said...

Shadowy you seems very tall. I love the way you write. hugs♥olive

RURAL said...

This is a great post, and it makes me think also. I love how your photos echo the words.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

Kay L. Davies said...

Beautiful, Lynette. I understand the two-selves feeling completely. Plus, you've done something for me with this post. You've made me feel good about my recent entry into the blogging community. I had no idea what I'd find, but I find that it is good. It's also fun to take close looks at your photos to see if I can figure out where they're taken. I've been gone so long.
-- K

EG CameraGirl said...

Wonderful long shadows. I like how your skirt makes a long triangle.

CHERI said...

What an interesting idea...your shadow pictures! Don't sell yourself short...you are indeed one talented lady, not only in your photographs but also in your writing. You definitely have a special way with words. I am envious on both accounts!!! I dabble in both but don't really have what anyone would call talent. I'm happy just to have fun though. I did visit your friend's site and her work is lovely, but I see yours as just as good....so keep up the great work and use your God-given talents proudly!