Sunday, November 22, 2009

Beginnings

I'm new to the world of blogging, and like any beginner, a little unsure where to start. Fortunately, being somewhat vague is not new to me.
.
According to my husband and sons, my grasp of the moment can be tenuous at best. I'm given to much daydreaming, countless distractions and a tendency to lose my thoughts in mid-sentence. They tell me this as if it were a bad thing!
.
I choose to think I'm just a little out of step with the rest of the world; it is hardly my fault that the world is often reluctant to wait and let me catch up.
.
I am a dreamer...and unashamed of being one. In this hectic world, I take the time to pick daisies, to follow curious ideas, and meander endlessly inside my own mind. It is hardly earth-shattering if I lose focus for a moment...a quick shake of the head and I'm back to hear what you have to say! Surely a moment is not a lot to ask.
.
I pause...I ponder...and I play, as the subtitle above suggests. For the major part of the day, I am adult, conscientious and responsible; but every now and then, I drift away, distracted by a silvery mass of clouds, or plop myself down on the curb to visit with a dog I've just met. These moments heal me, nurture me and make the real world more manageable once I'm back into it.
.
I will continue on my dreamy way, seeing things that others miss and finding joy in small snatched moments. If you ask me, the world would be a better place if there were more dreamers like me....
.

2 comments:

IUOMA said...

A freshly started blog is always the most fascinating thing. You never know where you are headed. I am looking foreward to see and read your views....

Ruud

Lynette Killam said...

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ruud. Your support is very much appreciated. One of the first things I learned to do on the blog was upload a badge so I could post my affiliation with IUOMA. Hopefully, we can talk again soon...

Lynette